- USDA Food Safety Inspection Service
- Centers for Disease Control
- National Food Safety Database
- Alliance for Food and Fiber
- International Food Safety Council
- Food Safety Alerts
- USDA/FDA Foodborne Illness Education Information Center
- Food Safety Traning & Education Alliance
|Nutrition & Health
- The American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- United States Department of Health & Human Services
- International Food & Nutrition Information Center
- The National Cancer Institute’s “Eat 5 a Day for Better Health” site
- The Food and Nutrition Information Center
|Produce Related Links
- About Produce
- NUTRI-FACTS Update
- 5 A Day
- Produce Oasis
|Meat Related Links
- Beef, it’s what’s for dinner
- Pork, The Other White Meat
- Pork 4 Kids
- Electronic Gourmet Guide
- LeCarb Frozen Dessert
- Wine Help
- Seasonings & Spices
|US Federal Government Links
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)
Up-to-date news and information about the USDA and the services and opportunities it offers.
- National Agricultural Statistical Service (NASS) of the USDA
Harvest statistics at national and state levels. Keep abreast of chemical usage.
- Economic Research Service (ERS)
Official source for economic analysis and information on agriculture, food, natural resources, and rural America.
- National Agricultural Library (NAL)
Nation’s primary source for agricultural and related information.
- Federal Trade Commission
Current news releases about regulatory reform actions.
- Agricultural Research Service (ARS)
Remote Sensing & Modeling Lab (RS&ML) applies systems theory to the solution of complex agricultural problems and the development of computer?aided farm decision support systems.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Get information about the variety of programs and initiatives the EPA is involved with.
- Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS)
Export opportunities and the current state of the world market.
- Dept. of Health & Human Services
A comprehensive list of Health & Human Services agencies, information on research, DHHS policies and administration, and health care tips.
- Your online resource for governtment recalls
- Food & Drug
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Youth Rules
- Vegetarian Resource Group
This web site contains a wealth of information on vegetarian nutrition including nutrients like iron, calcium, protein, and vitamin B12 as well as reprints of nutrition-related articles from Vegetarian Journal.
- Vegetarian Basics 101
Provides information on types of vegetarians, getting started in vegetarianism, foods, protein sources, and benefits of vegetarianism.
- Food Guides
Vegan and Vegetarian Pyramids, based on the U.S. Food Guide, and the Vegan Rainbow and the Vegetarian Rainbow, based on the Canadian Food Guide.